Pharmaceutical Drug Compounding in Irvine, California. Located in the heart of Irvine, California, Irvine Compounding Pharmacy is a local compounding pharmacy specializing in drug compounding of specialty medications for individuals and animals. If you’re looking for an Irvine Compounding Pharmacy, look no further.
Receive the exact custom medication you need with expert pharmaceutical drug compounding from Irvine Compounding Pharmacy in Irvine, California.
Pharmaceutical compounding is the mixing of drugs by a pharmacist to fit the unique needs of a patient. This may be done for medically necessary reasons, such as to change the form of the medication from a solid pill to a liquid, to avoid a non-essential ingredient that the patient is allergic to, or to obtain the exact dose needed. It may also be done for voluntary reasons, such as adding favorite flavors to a medication.
Before mass production of medications became normal, compounding was a routine activity among pharmacists. Community pharmacists who have experience with compounding techniques are now less common. Contact us for further information regarding our compounding pharmacy or to request a refill.
Some of the Many Different Needs for Compounding Medicine:
• Patients requiring limited dosage strengths, such as a very small dose for infants.
• Patients requiring a different formulation, such as turning a pill into a liquid or transdermal gel for people who can’t swallow pills due to disability.
• Patients requiring an allergen-free medication, such as one without gluten or colored dyes.
• Patients who need drugs that have been discontinued by pharmaceutical manufacturers because of low profitability.
• Children who want flavored additives in liquid drugs, usually so that the medication tastes like candy or fruit.
• Animals that need specialized veterinary medications changed in dose, with added flavor to make it more palatable to the animal, or changed to a
more easily administered form, such as from a pill to a liquid or transdermal gel.
• Many types of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy where compounding is used to promote (without justification) the idea of “individualized”